Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Long Time No Blog

I miss blogging! I've been MIA because I really haven't been working on any grand projects, but now I'm thinking - it's my blog, so if I want to write about something less grand I'm going to! I think I have a couple readers, so I hope that doesn't disappoint you. 

Here's what's been going on. I've booked myself silly with craft shows this fall, and I've been making some stock for them. I am not focusing solely on cat beds and toys because I like to make other stuff too. I have a bunch of crocheted baby hats I made last year and a little sweater set I made this year. The sweater was actually intended as a gift but it was too big so I made another! So just in case it looks familiar to anyone, that's why. Here are some photos of my work: 






I also made some little critters that I just sold to a friend via facebook! I am so excited! 




And then there was my favorite little guy, who is not for sale! 


Although I could make more if someone wanted one. 

I will also be bringing these little mason jar sewing kits to the craft shows. I've sold a few so far. I think they are the perfect little gift for a kid to give their mom for the holidays, so I'm keeping them affordable at $5. 


I have one other project I want to finish before the next craft show, which is turning some of those mini shutters I got a while back into holiday decorations. I have all the materials, but I need the time and space to paint the shutters. Hopefully that will be this weekend and I can post pictures. 

Something else I was busy with last month was a volunteer project for a group called Click for Babies. It's an organization that promotes awareness about Shaken Baby Syndrome, and they were collecting purple infant hats all through September. I roped in about 6 other people to contribute, and in all we created nearly 30 hats. Here's a photo of most of them. 


Please disregard my messy desk. 

I guess it turns out I had more project related things to write about than I thought. Here's a pic of Lily "helping" with a crochet pattern, to end this post with a smile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment